A Happy Easter

Throughout the weekend, I was so thankful for the blessings God has given me, especially the blessing of a whole family.

We made good use of the long weekend...running errands, attending a birthday party, going to church, cooking, cleaning, visiting the park, etc. Thinking back, we really did a lot on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That should have been apparent when I woke up this morning and wanted to crawl back into bed because I was still sleepy.

It was nice spending the entire weekend together as a family. We were able to grill out on the new grill. Our house continued to come together. My goal of 3-5 boxes a day was a little adventurous, but we're still making progress. It's amazing how much stuff we have that we don't really need. Of course, the process takes a few steps back next weekend. Mike and I will be helping my parents empty their storage unit and relocate their 'stuff' to their spare room (my former bedroom). At the same time, we will be getting my piano and a few more boxes of mine. I use few loosely, as my dad keeps telling me it's more than I think.

Mike and I took advantage of the long weekend to watch a few movies. First, all of us watch High School Musical 3. Yeah, yeah, my kid may only be 5, but Disney has pure marketing genius. Abby knows all the words to High School Musical and High School Musical 2. We could only avoid #3 for so long. Poor thing fell asleep with about 30 minutes left in the movie. (But, she woke up the next day and ran downstairs to watch the rest.) Later on, Mike and I watched Marley and Me and One Night with the King. Marley was an adorable tear-jerker. We had considered letting Abby watch it with us, but we were glad we didn't. She would have been terribly upset at the end. (She still gets upset during Flicka and she knows everything works out.) One Night with the King was an excellent retelling of the story of Esther. The costumes and music only added to the story.

Unfortunately, this morning didn't start out terribly well. Abby awoke with pink eye. It broke my heart to leave her this morning, knowing how miserable she is. But, Mike was staying home today to take care of her and I'll see them again around 4 o'clock. Thankfully, we have experienced pink eye before and we had eye drops on hand. The tough part will be getting Abby to let us administer them without world war III.

No comments:

Post a Comment