Prepare and Wait

It looks like the first half of 2009 will be filled with lots of research and preparation for the next chapter in Abby's life (and our)...public school.

Never in a million years could I have imagined all the research and planning that would take place before she ever sets foot inside an elementary school. Really. I naively thought that you just go to the school you are assigned, learn the bus routes and sign-up for before and after school care (if needed) at school.

How silly of me. Since Wake County 'offers' year-round, traditional calendar and magnet programs, simply attending your assigned school becomes a lot more complicated.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the year-round concept, but I'll have plenty of time to get used to it...we are districted for a year-round school. We have the option of applying to a traditional calendar school, but it would require taking Abby to Cary for school. (I can just imagine the traffic nightmares trying to pick her up or drop her off everyday.)

Typically, I'm thrilled when someone gives me options and allows me to make a decision between two or more things. However, having options for schools and various forms child care (holidays, track out, before school, after school)...the whole process becomes almost overwhelming and terribly frustrating.

Sad that it's not even March and I'm nearly burned out. We won't find out what Abby's schedule for the school year is until late March or early April...which makes scheduling child care even more difficult.

Ah, the joys of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment