Time Warp

Yesterday morning, I attended a meeting in one of the older buildings at work. Older as in I think it was built in the 70's or early to mid 80's. Anyway, I had to do a double-take when I walked into the ladies restroom. Unlike the building I work in (the newest, built in the 90's), you walk into a lounge area, complete with a built-in, padded bench and a vanity surrounded by hollywood style lights. That wasn't the strange part. It was strange to see people actually sitting on the bench reading magazines or the newspaper.

I felt like I had stepped back in time. I also thought it was a little odd, since we are in the 21st century and I don't think I would ever voluntarily spend time in the 'bathroom' area at work, outside of the typical necessities.

I wonder if Abby will stumble across something like that in 25 years and wonder what we were thinking. Probably. And I can see her sending me text message to ask me.

1 comment:

jennynaree said...

I think I remember that bathroom...apparently people will do anything to take a sneak a break :)

Post a Comment