Happy Friday

From July through December 2008, I worked an alternative work schedule (AWS) of 9 hours on Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri and 4 hours on Wed. Although I enjoyed having the afternoons off on Wednesday, it was cut short because Abby attended dance at 3:15pm.

I stopped AWS this week and went back to 8 hour days. I also moved Abby to a later dance class. I wasn't sure how I would like the 5 full days. It's nearly 1pm on Friday and I'm thrilled I changed my schedule. The switch made me realize how stressful my current project has become. Adding that extra hour 4 days per week was making it almost unbearable. I actually feel somewhat refreshed.

Of course, the new schedule also helps me to have time to pick Abby up from preschool, workout in the afternoons and still get home earlier than before. 3 out of 3 isn't bad!

The change of working 7-3.30 is also nice. That means that I have about 3 hours left of my workday after lunch and the afternoon always goes by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment