Happily Married

Do you see the theme for today's posts?

I know some of you have been emailing to ask me how things are going. Others may not because they don't want to intrude or seem negative. Alright, I know some of you just don't care.

For those of you in the first two groups, keep reading. For those in the third, you can move on to something else now...this will just bore you.

I feel more blessed than ever that God has reunited my family. I could have never imagined how awesome our lives could be - together and whole.

For the record, our *new* anniversary is November 22 (2008), but we consider ourselves married for 9 years, going on 10. The math doesn't work out exactly, but it works for us and that's what matters.

Abby is still learning to adjust to everything...like having to listen to both parents, not just one at a time. And, you know she doesn't usually choose to listen to me. I'm too much of a control freak and too demanding. Mike has been incredible at supporting me and reminding Abby that she needs to listen to both of us.

Space is cramped for us right now, but we are learning to make the best of it. I'm finding all kinds of new storage space in the most unusual places. It's amazing how much stuff you have that you don't actually use or need but can't part with for one reason or another. I've learned to part with a lot of unneeded stuff (having been raised by self-proclaims packrats). I'm trying to teach Mike and Abby that they don't need to keep everything.

So, all in all, things couldn't be better. I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes and congratulations. It really means a lot to both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment