Random Updates

I know, I know...I haven't blogged in over a week. Things have been hectic. We enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday as a family. It was wonderful. Abby helped with a number of things on the menu (green bean casserole, pineapple casserole, macaroni and cheese). She is an excellent stirrer. It was a huge blessing that our entire family was invited to my parents' home to celebrate on Sunday. The adults had a very candid discussion and I think we can all move beyond the past and live in the present.

Although the weekend was outstanding, I continued to suffer from a horrible cough that only got worse as the days went by. I finally visited the doctor on Monday, only to be sent home with four different prescriptions that haven't seemed to make a difference. After being home sick for two days, I figured I might as well be productive at work. My thought process - be miserable at work and productive or be miserable at home and worry about not being productive. TGIF!

We are headed to Greensboro tomorrow to visit Mike's aunt who was recently admitted to the hospital. She is currently in ICU with a number of heart and respiratory issues. Abby and I won't be able to visit with her in the hospital (ICU has strict rules that prohibit 4 3/4 year-olds and sick people), but she wants to make a card before we go. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers over the coming days and weeks.

2 comments:

mell said...

Did you put "the secret ingredient" in the green bean casserole? :)

Abby's Mom said...

Sure did. I'm finding the secret ingredient is useful in lots of things this holiday season...green bean casserole AND sausage balls. Who knew?

Post a Comment