Reconciliation

It's a really, really big word - fourteen letters, six syllables. It may even mean different things to different people.

For the last year and a half, it meant merely coexisting with Mike for Abby's sake. Now, the definition is changing for me. I know I've been thinking about it lately, but I hadn't said anything to anyone. Little things have been bringing it to the forefront of my mind (a scripture, a word of advice from a friend, a memory...you get the idea). At first, I dismissed it as silly. I mean, I'm the one who decided to our marriage. I'm the one who followed through with the divorce, right? I'm the one who swore I would never, ever consider that brand of reconciliation.

But, I can honestly say I have never stopped loving Mike. I've never stopped praying for him, hoping that he would seek the guidance he needed and work to things out for himself. I also prayed that I would be able to work things out for myself too. I knew that latter was taking place and for whatever reason, I had a suspicion that the former was finally gaining ground as well.

Please pray that God's purpose is made visible to both of us, as well as our friends and family. The road will be long and difficult, marred with many obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment