A Real Conversation

I think it has been a long time since I had a real conversation with my mother. We talk from time to time, but we don't really talk. Usually, we seem to have cordial discussions.

Last night, I made the effort to have a real conversation with her about everything going on in my life right now. To be honest, I was preparing myself for the worst. That isn't a reflection on my opinion of my mother, but a reflection on how I would expect any parent in her shoes to react. To my utter surprise, she didn't breathe fire or judge me. She merely expressed her concerns.

It was an amazing thing. I hope she realizes that I do appreciate her love and concern for me. I also take her concerns into consideration, even if my final decisions don't coincide with her preferences.

I can't put into words how blessed I feel this week. I really feel like my eyes have been opened to things I could have never imagined. Big things, little things, other people things. It's almost overwhelming, but not quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment