Finally Feeling Pretty

Some would say, "It's about damn time!" I went shopping with a friend this afternoon...she was desperatly trying to find the perfect dress to wear to a weekend next weekend, but didn't want to spend a fortune. It was fun and we did find her a really cute dress.

Maybe that's why I ended up having my own personal fashion show tonight. I know, it sounds rather silly. But, I've been feeling a little skinnier (relatively) over the last couple of weeks and I thought it was about time to try on a few things that we in my closet but a little too tight the last time I tried them. Keep in mind, these are either cheap finds that I purposely bought too small (couldn't pass up the price and I knew that I would get into them soon enough) or clothes a few of my friends have under-grown (yeah, it's like weight loss is an epidemic these days). Anyway, I started with just one thing and ended up trying on quite a few. Too my absolute amazement, they all fit. I was quite surprised, but also very happy.

I actually stood there, looking at myself in the mirror with each thing and liked what I saw. That's right, I actually felt pretty. To be honest, I couldn't tell you the last time I actually felt completely pretty. I have always been very critical of myself. I remember that I didn't feel very pretty on my wedding day the last time I actually remember looking at myself in the mirror or in a picture and feeling pretty was probably the night I graduated from high school. Geez...that was almost 12 years ago. Wow - I am getting old.

Admittedly, it felt good to be vain, even just for a little while. Matter of fact, I even liked my hair...which is a huge step by itself.

1 comment:

mell said...

hmm... i can't help but hear the song "I Feel Pretty" in my head. :)

Vanity isn't such a bad thing...really! (I'm just as guilty.)

Post a Comment