44:26

Well, I made it! I was so proud of myself. My goal was anything under an hour and I was thrilled when I realized I had finished in a little less 45 minutes. Whoohoo! It was quite inspiring to see how many people turned out to show their support for the fight against breast cancer.

I feel like I have been fairly lucky thus far. No one in my family has personally experienced breast cancer (yet). However, my ex-husband's aunt is a survivor and I got a little choked up this morning as I wrote her name in celebration. In the back of my mind, I sometimes wonder what my own personal risk may be. Since I was adopted, I don't have the benefit (if you want to call it that) of knowing any family medical history. So, it's really a shot in the dark for me. At times, that frightens me. At other times, I figure I will be proactive and take the appropriate precautions for now and that's the best I could do, even if I did know about my biological family history.

It was amazing watching them take the aerial photo of survivors in attendance. Hundreds of ladies dressed in pink standing in the shape of a pink ribbon.

I got a huge kick out of reading some of the teams names and slogans on t-shirts throughout the morning - Boob Troop, Fight Like a Girl, No Love for the Lumps.

If you didn't get a chance to participate this year, I highly recommend taking part next year. It is a great cause and it's something that has touched almost everyone's life in some way - friend, family, neighbor, co-worker...you probably know at least one person who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment