Actually Glad I'm Almost 30

I never imagined I would say that. But, I found myself thinking and saying it a few times this weekend. A friend and I went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for a weekend trip. We thought it would be fun to get away and ride lots of roller coasters. We were right...it was tons of fun. However, there happened to be a musical competition over the weekend for middle and high school students. The awards ceremonies were being held at Busch Gardens and most of the kids were in the park on Saturday. Oh, yes, and a cheerleading competition too. Seriously, I had my fill of teenie-boppers to last me until Abby is in that age group. Whew! The girls giggle non-stop and the boys, are just, well, gross.

It was nice to realize that my friends and I don't giggle like that anymore (ok, maybe when we are really drunk, but that doesn't count) and the guys I know aren't gross like that anymore. Thank goodness for getting maturing (but we all know, it's about getting older too!).

Of course, I did feel like a little kid this morning as Bri and I kept riding the Griffon and walking (very quickly) through the exit area and going straight back to the single rider line to ride again. In less than 90 minutes, we each rode about 5 times. I think I may be addicted. I was a little sad that we only got to ride Apollo's Chariot. It was closed most of Saturday for maintenance issues (I try not to think about what that means) and the park lost power for about an hour midday today, so we didn't get a chance to ride again before we left. That's alright...I can make up for it next time.

One thing that didn't give me a warm fuzzy...as we came around the last turn of the Big Bad Wolf, I noticed a number of spots on the metal pillar (you know, that holds the track up) where the bottom of the car actually hit the pillar...repeatedly. Seriously, I could have gone my entire life without seeing that. As much as I really enjoyed the old coasters back when I was a teenie-bopper, I prefer the new ones.

And, seeing all the kids and kiddie rides, I can't wait until Abby is tall enough to ride some of the rides and coasters. I know she will have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment